First quarter 2016 results
Almere, the Netherlands, 12 May 2016 – LeasePlan Corporation N.V., the world’s leading fleet management and driver mobility
company, today publishes its first quarter 2016 results.
Financial highlights Q1:
• Total assets up to EUR 21.7 billion at 31 March 2016, from EUR 21.4 billion at 31 December 2015. Increase reflects positive
development of LeasePlan’s fleet size.
• Q1 net profit EUR 117.4 million (EUR 123.1 million in Q1 2015).
• Healthy capital and liquidity position: Common equity tier 1 ratio 18.3% at 31 March 2016 (17.0% at 31 December 2015),
liquidity buffer at EUR 4.4 billion.
• LeasePlan Bank retail deposits at EUR 5.1 billion at 31 March 2016 (EUR 5.0 billion at 31 December 2015).
Operational highlights Q1:
• LeasePlan confirms global market leadership: increase of fleet to 1.58 million vehicles under management (1.55 million end
of December 2015).
• Sustained growth in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME), Private Leasing and International & Corporate segments.
• Launch of new flexible leasing solution FlexiPlan, offering flexibility in contract duration and mileage, as part of LeasePlan’s
strategy to be the one-stop-shop for corporate mobility needs, from hours to years.
• Total number of customers LeasePlan Bank Germany, opened in September 2015, exceeds 15,000.
|Q1 2016||Q1 2015|
|Net profit (EUR million) for
the three months ended
|Return on equity||15.3%||17.5%|
|31 March 2016||31 December 2015|
|Total assets (EUR billion)||21.7||21.4|
|Number of vehicles (millions)||1.58||1.55|
|Number of staff (nominal)||7,386||7,275|
|Common equity tier 1 ratio||18.3%||17.0%|
* Numbers have neither been audited nor reviewed, except for Net profit and Total assets
Ownership of LeasePlan
On 21 March 2016, a consortium of long-term investors (LP Group B.V.) completed the acquisition of LeasePlan from Global
Mobility Holding B.V. These investors include leading Dutch pension fund service provider PGGM, Denmark’s largest pension
fund ATP, GIC, Luxinva S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) and investment funds
managed by TDR Capital LLP. None of these investors have acquired a controlling interest in the Company.
LeasePlan confirms its outlook for 2016, as included in its annual results 2015 press release. The Company is optimistic that,
barring unforeseen economic circumstances, it will continue to reap the rewards of its strategic path. Although the competitive
landscape will remain challenging in 2016, the company believes that all the fundamentals for further growth are firmly in
place. LeasePlan will retain its added value for clients, drawing on its tailored products and services, its wealth of expertise,
its excellent people and the reach of its global presence.
For further information:
Eveline Rogier T: +31 (0)36 529 3578 M: +31 (0)6 1258 4309
Herbert van Zijl T: +31 (0)36 529 3091 M: +31 (0)6 1138 5613
Paul Benson T. +35 31 680 4005 M: +353 868 175 152
LeasePlan is a global fleet management and driver mobility company of Dutch origin. Our full service offering consists of
financing and operational fleet management services to meet the needs of a diverse client base. Established in 1963, we have
grown to become the world’s leading global fleet management and driver mobility company with more than 85% of our 7,300
strong workforce now operating outside the Netherlands. Our global franchise manages over 1.5 million multi-brand vehicles
and provides global fleet management and driver mobility services in 32 countries. We have a proven track record in enhancing
our presence in traditional mature fleet markets, as well as expanding into new markets and growing our business to market
leading positions. We are able to capitalise on our global presence and international network by providing innovative products
and high quality service to meet the needs of (multi)national clients. We aim to do this by using our expertise to make running a
fleet easier for our clients. This is reflected in our universal promise to all our clients: “It’s easier to leaseplan”.
Financial and other information in this document may contain certain forward-looking statements (all statements other than
those made solely with respect to historical facts) based upon beliefs and data currently available to management. These
statements are based on a variety of assumptions that may not be realised and are subject to significant business, economic,
legal and competitive risks and uncertainties. Our actual operations, financial conditions, cash flows and operating results may
differ materially from those expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements and we undertake no obligation to
update or revise them.